February 6, 2008
Mexico America Movil, Telmex 4q Net Seen Up on International Growth
From Cellular News:
MEXICO CITY -(Dow Jones)- Mexico's leading telecommunications firms - wireless carrier America Movil and fixed-line company Telefonos de Mexico - are expected to post higher fourth-quarter net profit next week, led by growth in international markets.
America Movil is expected to report net profit of 14.05 billion pesos ($1.30 billion), or MXN0.40 a share, up from MXN10.84 billion, or MXN0.30 a share, in the fourth quarter of 2006, according to a Dow Jones Newswires survey of 11 analysts.
The analysts see revenue climbing to MXN83.35 billion, up from MXN65.36 billion for the year-ago period on the back of strong subscriber growth in its two largest markets, Mexico and Brazil.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, or Ebitda, probably rose 35.2% to MXN33.00 billion, while Ebitda margin likely expanded to 39.8% from 37.3%, according to the survey.
Cable & Wireless' Caribbean Chief Canned
CaribWorldNews, LONDON, England, Mon. Feb. 4, 2008: Cable & Wireless' chief executive of the Caribbean and Americas, Chris Hetherington, has been canned.
Hetherington, who had been in the job for just 18 months, has been replaced by Tony Bromfield, former director of operations for Energis, which was bought by C&W in 2005.
The shake-up comes as C&W continues to face stiff competition in the Caribbean from Irish company, Digicel. Last year Hetherington said C&W invested £78 million across the Caribbean to improve the customer experience. The company also introduced a range of services such as eTopUp, international pre-pay roaming and Netspeak.
Cable & Wireless is in 14 islands in the Caribbean. The Caribbean businesses make a significant contribution to the financial results of Cable & Wireless International. – CaribWorldNews.com
February 5, 2008
CAPACITY CARIBBEAN 2008: 11-12 February, Barbados - REGISTER TODAY
Capacity Caribbean 2008 is Capacity magazines 2nd annual Caribbean wholesale telecommunications congress taking place on 11 & 12 February 2008 in Barbados.
TOP 10 REASONS WHY YOU MUST ATTEND THIS EVENT!
1. 180+ senior attendees
2. The only conference to bring together the key Caribbean and international wholesale providers in one place at one time
3. Hear from over 45 leading industry experts
4. Prestigious keynote panel featuring C-level executives from Cable & Wireless, Columbus Networks, Global Crossing and Global Caribbean Network
5. Meet the who's who in the wholesale telecoms industry to reinforce existing relationships and build new partnerships
6. Over 9 hours of networking time enabling you to make the right business connections
7. In-depth country profiles including Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago and The Netherlands Antilles
8. Critical market update: assess the current status of new sub-sea cable systems
9. Regulator's insight: Hear from the drivers of regulatory policy including the Government of Barbados, the Government of Antigua and Barbuda and ECTEL
10. New for 2008: Exclusive focus on Central America
SPECIAL OFFER: 3 for 2
Register 2 people and receive the 3rd place FREE - Save US$1199
To find out more please contact Clare Heath, at email@example.com, call +44 208 549 2449 or visit http://www.capacitymedia.com/conferences-events.asp