Reviewers Rating: Excellent
Just returned from The Almond Beach Village having had a very refreshing and enjoyable vacation.
I will sum it up as follows:
1. The staff at this resort are so pleasant and helpful they make your stay feel good.
2. The food is excellent; remember to book the La Smarrita restaurant as soon as you arrive (no kids allowed though). It's first-class with outstanding service - I would expect this type of service at a top scale resort. The other restaurants are excellent too, the only buffet meal being breakfast. If you have kids, they have excellent facilities for them and lots of kiddie type food and daily scheduled activities. Don't miss the ABV weekly bbq beach party - excellent again.
3. Water sports excellent, golf course is more or less a pitch 'n put but great to play, tennis courts v. good - didn't have time to play - will do next time I go.
4. Beach at the Village is beautiful but not so good at the Club. However, Sandy Lane Beach is just around the corner so that more than compensates.
5. The rooms could do with some upgrading - look a bit tired and beds are VERY hard.
All in all I would highly recommend this resort and will go back there again. We rented a car and travelled around the island - that made us appreciate ABV and ABC even more - especially after we looked at other resorts we could have stayed at. Phew ...