Sandals Dunn's River Golf Resort & Spa All-Inclusive
Reviewers Rating: Good
I could not wait to get back home and start posting reviews for this trip. We waited a long while since our last vacation after having gone through a difficult pregnancy and now having a 9 month old, so we were ready for a vacation without any children. We had always heard how great the Sandals resorts were, and I had previously stayed at Sandals in Negril, which was great.
After a 3 1/2 hour flight, 2 hour bumpy shuttle bus ride that was full of exhaust fumes, we were ready to eat some good food for the first time in twelve hours of not eating anything but a small bag of pretzels. We sat down at 7 p.m. at The Terrace restaurant and waited for about 30 to 45 minutes for our first waitress, which was the rudest waitress I have ever had at a resort. We were continuously waiting for drinks and getting rude looks from the waitress. Same service at all eating locations except the Da'More Italian Restaurant.
The room was great, except for the new hotel being built next door that required work at 6 a.m. each morning. That was a little disappointing. We were upgraded to the consierge penthouse, not what I would call a penthouse by any means. But, we had a stocked refrigerator and liquor, bath robes and balcony overlooking the Caribbean with table and chairs. Don't look at the sheets before going to bed.
Overall, the service was the worst I've seen. I've traveled for about 10 years to different resorts in the Caribbean, and this had to be the 2nd worst resort that I've ever stayed at. We went to Sandals Ocho Rios one day to see if it was any better, and it was worse, much worse. The main reason for stay in Ocho Rios was to be close to Dunn's River Falls, which was the highlight of the trip.
But, if you have any other options, I would not recommend this resort to anyone, especially with the rates they charge for the crappy service they give.
Sandals Dunn's River Golf Resort & Spa All Inclusive
Hotel Details |
Book Hotel |
Book With Air
- Dive into ultimate Caribbean indulgence at this all-inclusive golfers paradise named after nearby waterfalls that are reflected in the resorts theme.
- Take refuge in the refined elegance of your guestroom, then head out for a day on the water with snorkeling, sailing, and scuba diving.
- Enjoy resort pleasures at the full-service European spa (extra fee), relax in one of the two freshwater pools or three whirlpools, or improve your golf game with complimentary rounds at the nearby 18-hole course.
- Please your palate with a different cuisine each night, choosing from four ethnically diverse gourmet restaurants offering unlimited meals and premium brand drinks already included in the price of your stay.
- Dance the night away, make music at the piano bar, or head to the Forum for live entertainment.