West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Where is everyone?

Travel & news discussion about Anguilla

Where is everyone?

Postby SandyToz » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:34 pm

There used to be 10-15 people a day on the old forum. Now there is only one or two. I sometimes have trouble signing on. Could this be a problem for others.

I can't believe everyone has lost interest in what's happening on Anguilla.
SandyToz

Ditto

Postby cc/axa » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:29 pm

I always have trouble signing on, so I usually just give up after my first try. The system tells me that my log on is incorrect. Eventually I get in, so I don't know what's going on!
I miss the old site too. I'm sure this one is safer, but the old one was easier.
I am going back in less than 10 weeks and I really am very excited. It will be our (?) 11th time, I lost track. Anyone else going the last 2 weeks in April???
Can't wait to see all of our friends there, we miss everyone!
cc/axa

Postby Barb » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:42 pm

I don't LIKE this forum...
Barb

Postby axadreamer » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:56 pm

I'm not having any trouble logging in, but certainly the number of posts is way down.
axadreamer

Postby O.T. » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:15 pm

134 views of this post, and over 614 and 402 views on Christine's posts, so obviously people are reading but just not posting.

The increase in postings on Trip Advisor Anguilla board during the last year is quite astonishing though.

Personally I read every day, but lately just been so incredibly busy and hardly not time to post.
One month since we got back, and my trip report is still just a rough draft.
O.T.

Postby Anthony » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:23 pm

If you are having problems signing on, etc. I wish you would let us know. We can't help you if we don't know what is going on :)

I knew the registration would slow things down here a bit, but there is not another site I can think of that runs an open forum anymore - maybe we should buck the trend.

I am open to suggestions -
Anthony for Caribbean-On-Line
Anthony
Site Admin

Postby Ellen » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:45 am

I read every day, I just don't have anything to contribute.
I like the fact that I stay logged in to this forum and don't have to hassle around logging in each time.
Ellen

Postby Mary » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:25 pm

It's just that there are so many more boards now -- when this one was the only game in town (& thank you Anthony for keeping it up & running so well for so long), it captured everyone. I swing through 4-5 boards & stop at one or the other when I have something to say. I still see the "old gang" here so when people post questions at COL, they'll still get good answers from true Anguilla-lovers.
Mary

Postby Anthony » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:13 am

Mary that is a great point and the absolute truth of it. When we started our first forum, for the whole Caribbean - we were one of the first on the web. When I think about how busy things were in those days! (and there was no way to make money!) Then everybody started one as they got more popular and easier to do. Also, earlier they carried a very negative stigma in the business world (you know the line - a bunch of weird people on the Internet talking about hotels) - and now they are embraced as a marketing "tool". So now sites like mine, local sites on every island, and people like TripAdvisor (I can't see why anyone uses those forums with the amount of rules they have) that are publically owned and have huge resources, all are vying for the same eyeballs. I appreciate all of you that still come - this is our full time business (myself and my wife) and it was a labor of love for a long time. We are doing okay now, but it is always a grind, and every pair of eyeballs counts.
Anthony for Caribbean-On-Line
Anthony
Site Admin

Postby pepper » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:54 pm

I too have always appreciated the time and effort you have put into this forum, Anthony.
I intend to "hang around".
(As for the person who said she doesn't LIKE it here, I ask, "what are you doing here then?") Duh!
pepper

Return to Anguilla Travel Forum