West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Questions

Travel & news discussion about Anguilla

Questions

Postby Rootboy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:00 am

Hi all, we will be going to Anguilla next week 3/6/06 and are really looking forward to it.
Would anyone know if XM Satellite Radio coverage includes the island?
Are there any public Wi-Fi Hot spots available? Private Wi-Fi?
Would a tri-band cell modem work? (GSM/GPRS/EDGE)(for my laptop/Tablet PC).
Our friends have said that they use the computers at the local library to communicate state side. Is this still available?
Thanking you all in advance,
cjk
Rootboy

Wi-Fi

Postby ALR » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:17 am

Yes, there are both public and private WiFi spots in Anguilla. If I have my laptop, I like to go to the Pump House in Sandy Ground late in the afternoon. The connection is very good. The WiFi is free and the beer is cold. If it's hot, or I don't bring my laptop, I go to The Voyage Cafe in the Valley across from the Post Office. There is a fee to use their computers, it is air-conditioned, and they sell blank CD's if you want to save something. Some of the hotels offer internet connections as well. I haven't used the service at the library, but it is probably very reasonably priced. You can also go to Irie Life or Roy's in Sandy Ground, but the computers there are in smaller spaces.
ALR

Return to Anguilla Travel Forum