West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

CARIFTA Games Open

Travel & news discussion about Guadeloupe

CARIFTA Games Open

Postby KarenS » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:33 am

Can anyonwe give first hand comments on the CARIFTA games that opened in Guadeloupe??

iaaf.org reported: "Strong start for Jamaicans - CARIFTA Day 1
Sunday 16 April 2006
Two of Guadeloupe’s (and France’s) fastest women were honoured by the Ligue Regionale D'athlétisme De La Guadeloupe during the opening ceremony for the XXXV CARIFTA Track & Field Championships at the René-Serge Nabajoth Stadium in Les Abymes on Saturday, 15 April. Basse Terre-born World and Olympic Champion Marie-Jose Perec was awarded a sculpture in her honour. Former European Champion Christine Arron, born in Les Abymes, was also recognized. Luminaries in attendance included Trinidadians Hasely Crawford and Ato Boldon.

Of course, the day belonged to the youngsters who aspire to the heights attained over the years by the likes of Perec and Arron, and so it was fitting that the 400m and 100m titles were decided after the ceremony. Jamaica, with a record 79 medals in 2004 and a table-topping 59 in 2005, started the opening day with 27 medals. That number included wins in all but one of the sprint finals decided on Saturday, as well as two new records in a single day in the same event."
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

carifta results in Guadeloupe

Postby fredo » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:43 pm

Hello,

I'm living in Guadeloupe, my country and I've recently read your post about the result of the carifta games championship.

So I give you the link below, wich normally will enable you to get all the results you want:

http://www.cfpitiming.com/2006%20Outdoo ... 202006.htm

Anyway, I can confirm from the stadium that Jamaican Athletes really dominate the competition...

See you soon,
Best regards,
Frederic
fredo

Return to Guadeloupe Travel Forum