West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Info about Ti Kaye

Travel & news discussion about St. Lucia

Info about Ti Kaye

Postby tanya b » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:16 pm

My husband and I are planning our first trip to St. Lucia and are considering Ti Kaye Village. We have heard that there has been some theft and crime there - how is security? Has anyone been there recently?
Also, are there many grifters/beggers around the hotel?
We plan to stick around Ti Kaye for most of our trip (we need some relaxation), are there some good restaurants close by? It looks pretty secluded - is there anything else nearby?
THanks for any help!
tanya b

Site seems unfriendly

Postby tanya b » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:47 pm

I am shocked how different this site is from a year ago. I got so much feedback when I went to St. Kitts - I am really disappointed.
tanya b

Postby KarenS » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:02 pm

There was recently issued a travel advisory to St. Lucia. However, keep in mind there is crime on virtually EVERY island. A suggestion would be to contact your hotel and ask them what specific safety measures they have taken in light of this recent advisory.

As when traveling anywhere, keep your eyes open and doors locked but don't get paranoid or it will ruin your wonderful holiday!

As regards restaurants, check out the review page <a href="http://www.caribline.com/diningreviews/sl/">here</a> and also ask at the hotel.

Have a great time and be sure to write back some reviews!!
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Postby KarenS » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:38 pm

Ti Kaye is located between Castries and Soufriere so finding great food won't be difficult.

Apparently Ti Kaye also has a great restaurant as well as being located on one of the best snorkeling areas on the island. There's a dive company located nearby. Their site is <a href="http://www.islanddiversstlucia.com/schedule.htm">here.</a>

There's a great fish fry on Friday nights. Have *Gus* take you there. Remember, sometimes mama's (or papa's) home cooking is the best! For a few overall reviews go <a href="http://www.liveitup.com/travel/Go-St_Lucia_Saint_Lucia/propertyId-153296/resortDetails.dest">here.</a> Also <a href="http://www.caribbean-on-line.com/hotelreviews/sl/ti-kaye-village-20050107234303.shtml">here.</a>
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Response on Ti Kaye

Postby Rick&Leah » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:27 am

Tanya: You're right that the new Caribline format seems to have suppressed participation, but our site administrator seems to be trying very hard to improve the info flow. I have to agree fully with the very favorable Ti Kaye reviews she posted, and while our own experience is a bit dated, you may find it helpful. We visited StL in summer 01 and spent a week at Windjammer Landing before "lucking into" TiKaye for our second week. It was brand new, but with the growth of their plantings and landscaping seems to only be more beautiful now. The location is very isolated on the road from Castries toward Soufriere, and its about 30 minutes south of Marigot Bay and just past Anse LeRay with its very interesting and fun Friday fish fry (the staff took us, and it was great.) Access is along a VERY rough unpaved 1/2 mile track, but the resort itself is wonderfully relaxing and self-contained on a beautiful high bluff overlooking the very lovely Anse Cochon. Its QUIET, however, so be prepared to entertain yourself with good books and relaxation. We too regarding the 166 steps as free exercise, and loved the quiet mornings at the beach. When we were there we got a few very polite and inobtrusive beach vendors, but things are very peaceful until c2pm when the tourist boats show up for a couple of hours of snorkeling. Very loud party music and lots of splashing, but they left around 4pm, and then it was all yours again. On weekend local families use the beach, but again, they just want a fun afternoon, and its one of the most gorgeous beaches on the island. Very sandy, easy entry for snorkeling or kayaking, and the owner is an avid scuba guy, so they specialize in that. We'd go back in a second, and would feel very safe and happy. Rick&Leah
Rick&Leah

Return to St. Lucia Travel Forum