Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Two changes in SXM

Travel & news discussion about this half French, half Dutch island

Moderator: Tedly

Two changes in SXM

Postby Frankie » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:36 am

I stumbled upon some information that I feel comes from a very reliable source. This has not been verified as of yet.
ITEM #1 I have heard that the large parking lot just outside the Club Orient security gate is no longer free. You must pay $20.00 to park here and it includes a voucher for Two chair rentals and one umbrella. This is the parking lot in the front and right side of the Club "O" market/convienance store.
Item #2 Apparently the St. Maarten Port Authority will continue to operate the Simpson Bay draw bridge on its regular schedule. However the bridge now will be opened at unscheduled times to allow Boat(s) to enter or exit the lagoon upon request. If the request is approved the bridge will be opened for the requesting craft for a very brief time. The fee for this special opening is reported to be $600.00. I assume this is to cater to the Mega Yacht people. I believe the Mega Yachts are great for St. Maarten as far as prestige etc., The special openings are O.K. if it will generate income to the island. It will certainly be a slight inconvienance and may result in more then one person being late getting to the airport from time to time.
Frankie

Postby LisaB » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:43 am

What are the regular opening times for the bridge(s)?
Thanks
LisaB

Postby Frankie » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:54 pm

LisaB wrote:What are the regular opening times for the bridge(s)?
Thanks

I think the times are: 7:30AM, 11:30AM, 3:00PM, & 5:00PM. I am not certain.
Frankie
Frankie

Return to St. Martin - St. Maarten Travel Forum