Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Hotel help ASAP please!!!

Travel & news discussion about this half French, half Dutch island

Moderator: Tedly

Hotel help ASAP please!!!

Postby sunny » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:28 pm

I just found a pretty great rate for April and would like to check out St. Martin/St. Marteen for the first time! Would someone suggest a hotel...I am looking for clean!!!!, safe!!!!, near beach or on beach, walking distance to restaurants, shopping, nightlife??? Thanks. Here is the list to choose from:

Orient Beach
Palm Court
Great Bay
Marigot
Le Flamboyant Hotel

I need to book this almost immediately (so I do not lose the flight)so if you could give imput asap that would be most helpful!
sunny

Postby Tedly » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:13 pm

Hi sunny. I am a 1 time traveller to St. Martin so not very familiar with all your choices. I do know that we did look at Le Flamboyant when we went and am glad that we didn't choose this hotel as the beach is on the lagoon side. We did walk into this hotel and the beach seemed weedy, perhaps because it was on the lagoon. You may want to look at Hotel Beach Plaza. This is a smaller hotel, but clean, well maintained and only a couple of minutes walk to Marigot and all its dining, shopping and night life. It also has a very nice restaurant. The beach at this hotel is steep but is clean and it served our purpose. This hotel is also within walking distance of the local bus system and has car rental on site. Just another option for you.
Tedly

Postby rickscott » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:24 pm

Sunny, Palm Court is nice and reasonably priced and is a 5 minute walk to Orient Beach. Great Bay is closed I think. What are you looking for in the way of location? Beach? Shopping? Fine Dining? What is most important to you? Email me at rscott38@hotmail.com if you want. Rick
rickscott

Return to St. Martin - St. Maarten Travel Forum