Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Booked & now need some info. please...

Travel & news discussion about this half French, half Dutch island

Moderator: Tedly

Booked & now need some info. please...

Postby sunny » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:50 pm

staying in Orient beach area...is that a realitively safe area? how about at night? any nightclubs in that area in walking distance? is that a good idea? places to dance under the stars? how about local places to eat- inexpensively? What is the best local dish?? what should I not miss on my trip? If you had to choose, which island should I ferry over to, Anguilla or St. Barts? Why? Is it easy to do? Is it worth the day trip?
What else should I know about St. maarten/st. martin? What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? Any and all info. is appreciated as this is a spur of the moment trip and I have not even begun to research, but am pretty excited that I am now booked and can start. Thank you!!
sunny

Orient Beach Area....

Postby Bobcat » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:19 am

Which hotel/resort? Inside Orient Park? Near Orient Village? If near the village you can walk to Le Chapelle (looks like a church, but its not) for late night music /dancing/ etc. - also this area is full of dining places, some inexpensive such as Tap 5 and Le Piment - beach bars /restaurants such as Bikini, Pedros & Baywatch..and more....Anguilla or St Barth's your pick - did you rent a car? You'll need one if you want to see the island, dine in Grand Case, Marigot & Philipsburg / Simpson Bay, vist beaches.
Bobcat

Postby sunny » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:22 pm

staying at L'Hoste. Pros? cons? Best way to get to Anguilla? anything else anyone could tell me?
sunny

L Hoste...

Postby Bobcat » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:17 pm

Perfect - right in the middle of everything on Orient, just steps off the beach and one block to Orient Village.

Take the ferry to Anguilla from pier at Marigot waterfront - boat leaves every 30 minutes, passport needed....

Visit Grand Case for fine dining -Harmony nights every Tuesday this time of year...outdoor fair - - -

Shop & dine in Marigot & Philipsburg - have a great vacation.
Bobcat

Return to St. Martin - St. Maarten Travel Forum