Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Aruba Boycott-"Not"

Travel & news discussion about Aruba

Moderator: daka630

Aruba Boycott-"Not"

Postby KarenS » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:48 pm

At the Aruba Tourist Board web site an article has been posted stating: "Republican Henry Hyde, Chairman of Committee on International Relations in the US House of Representatives, commented yesterday to local media that he believed the boycott call by the Governor of Alabama is not receiving true support in the U.S. He considers the boycott an individual action and not one that would be sustained nationwide".

For more go to: http://www.aruba.com/phpNews/wmview.php?ArtID=621
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Aruba Boycott

Postby nkelly » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:02 am

Hi Karen,
Thank you for posting great starting threads on so many island boards. You have offered us so much to talk about and it is appreciated. The Aruba boycott issue is such a hot topic! I have been following the case since day one via the news organizations etc and although I agree with the boycott I do not think we will know the true impact on the island for months to come. As I said before, I would not trust the "figures" coming out of Aruba at this point in time. The most recent "move" on the island to replace the lead prosecutor is IMO too little too late...the critical first 48 hours of discovery is long gone. Prayers to the family on Natalee.
Regards,
nkelly
nkelly

Press Conference

Postby DiviAruba » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:17 am

http://nbc13.feedroom.com/iframeset.jsp?ord=493501

Looks like the government of Alabama feels that AUA is doing what they can especially with the limited amount of murders they have so therefore limited amount of knowledge on how to work with crime scenes and evidence. It is long but worth watching.
DiviAruba

Postby RADDS » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:12 am

We're planning to visit Aruba soon. Everyone I mention it to tells me not to go because of the boycott. What nonsense! From all the reports I've read, Arubian authorities have been helping and cooperating since the tragedy began. I see no reason not to go and, therefore, go we will!
RADDS

Postby KarenS » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:56 am

Excellent! Enjoy the warm sunshine and that fantastic Caribbean blue!!
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Return to Aruba Travel Forum