the West Indies
$12.95

Beaches for the day.....

Travel & news discussion about Aruba

Moderator: daka630

Beaches for the day.....

Postby NoNoNanette » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:18 pm

Hi gang-

Will be visiting the island just for the day....(cruise passenger).

Can anyone recommend an all-inclusive beach that will sell a one-day package?

(It's been 20 years since I've taken a land-based vacation to Aruba. I'm sure that I won't recognize the island)

It appears as though the "PALM BEACH" area is the happening spot.

Any feedback? (I love nothing more than beautiful water and ice-cold beer)

Thanks!
NoNoNanette

Postby nkelly » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:27 am

Hi NNN!
Great question however I might recommend emailing the AI hotels on Palm Beach (you are correct, that is where all the action is LOL). When I last cruised with Princess and Carnival, they both offered beach days as day tours. Included was use of hotel and beach facilities. Any food/bev was pay as you order. If you do find out directly from any hotels, posting any info here would be appreciated on my behalf anyways. I will do some searching as well and post back any findings :)
Regards,
nkelly
nkelly

Postby NoNoNanette » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:38 pm

Hello there, nkelly-

Thanks for your reply.

I'll shoot off some emails in the next few days and report back.

(I found De Palm Tours has their own little island..... they have an all inclusive....$65 for the day, $45 for a half day.)

http://www.depalm.com/index2.htm

Sixty five bucks seems kind of steep, but perhaps not in Aruba..... recent cruises have all been in the Western Caribbean, so perhaps I was spoiled with their open-bar deals for $30 or $40 pp.
NoNoNanette

Postby ONZGO » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:30 pm

I don't believe you will find an all inclusive in Aruba that will sell you a day at their resort. Please let us know what you find out.
ONZGO

day passes to all inclusive resorts

Postby els » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:50 am

Hi,
visited Aruba 10 month ago, at the Tamarin Resort (all inclusive) they told me they also sold daypasses. It is right on the beach.
Els
els

Postby NoNoNanette » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:51 pm

Thanks for the tip, Els. I just sent them an email.
NoNoNanette

No Luck....

Postby NoNoNanette » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:27 pm

Just got this back from Tamarin/Divi-
Thank you for your email. We do not offer day passes, sorry. You can visit the property and buy meal/drink tickets.
Rates will be given at the front desk.

Thank you,
Divi & Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusives
NoNoNanette

Beach for the day for cruise passengers

Postby Terry » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:55 pm

I to am going to Aruba next month via a cruise ship and went looking for the same info. Got this reply via email from the Renaissance.

"A day pass to the private Renaissance Island is possible. The cost is 50 US dollars
per person (subject to change), which includes the transport to and from the Island,
a lunch with beverage and all the non-motorized water sports (includes snorkeling,
kyack, and access to tennis courts). There are two beaches a family beach and an
adult beach. The shuttle runs from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM every 15 to 20 minutes from
the lobby of the hotel."

Thats the one Im going to use while there as the hotel is also close to shopping for the ladies either befor or after going to the private island.
Terry

Re: Beaches for the day.....

Postby Terry » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:35 am

NoNoNanette wrote:Hi gang-

Will be visiting the island just for the day....(cruise passenger).

Can anyone recommend an all-inclusive beach that will sell a one-day package?

(It's been 20 years since I've taken a land-based vacation to Aruba. I'm sure that I won't recognize the island)

It appears as though the "PALM BEACH" area is the happening spot.

Any feedback? (I love nothing more than beautiful water and ice-cold beer)

Thanks!

An update to useing the Renaissance for the day. We did just that last week. Its really a great deal , even for $50.00 a person. It includes any item on the lunch menu on the island and a drink, that runs $15-20 by itself. The use of kayaks, snorkels , etc. The charge for that is $10.00 to the hotel guests.So the day use charge and boat ride is really only about $20-25 dollars. The island is a great palce to visit and the boat runs every 15-20 minutes.
Terry

Postby DiviAruba » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:38 am

The Tam's AI has a three day minimum.

Took a cruise last year on RCCL. They had an excursion with the Allegro (Occidental)AI for the day.
DiviAruba

Return to Aruba Travel Forum