West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Harbour Island- June 2007

Bahamas Travel & News discussion

Harbour Island- June 2007

Postby jagirl » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:31 pm

I'm thinking about going solo to Harbour Island in June 2007 for 5 days.

Any thoughts on the Landing or the Bahama House Inn as places to stay? Johnson's to rent a golf cart?

Has anybody rented a bicycle on the island?

Which is less of a hassle : the Ferry from Nassau or bahamasair to North Eleuthra then water taxi to Harbour Island?

How far is the ride from the airport to the Ferry Dock in Nassau?
jagirl

Pink Sands Hurricane Breeze

Postby KarenS » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:56 am

Sorry to report I can't directly answer your questions but thought I'd send you another option...a recent press release I received states (press release's words, not mine so sorry it looks like an ad!):
Harbour Island, Bahamas (August 16, 2006) Endless beaches of rosy powder give way to "barefoot luxury" at Pink Sands, the exclusive Harbour Island, Bahamas resort where celebs are known to escape the maddening crowds. Pink Sands complements its secluded beach paradise with the most fabulous of amenities- no wonder it was voted "World's Best" in the Caribbean, Bermuda and the Bahamas by Travel + Leisure in August 2006.

The PINK SANDS HURRICANE BREEZE special now allows guests to enjoy extraordinary savings during stays between August 10 and October 2, 2006. Rates are $400 per night for a One Bedroom Garden (a saving of 33%) and $500 per night for a One Bedroom Oceanview (a saving of 28%)*. All rates based on double occupancy subject to availability and include full breakfast and dinner. Beverages, taxes and a service charge of 18% are additional. A minimum stay of three nights is required.

...have a great time on your holiday and please report back!
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Postby jagirl » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:14 pm

Thanks KarenS. It does sound lovely, doesn't it. :-)

Has anybody here been to Harbour Island?
jagirl

Return to Bahamas Travel & News