Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Awsome Jerk

Travel & news discussion about the Cayman Islands

Moderator: Skip

Awsome Jerk

Postby KarenS » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:32 am

As reprted in the Washington Post: "Three of the best meals we‚Äôve had in the Caribbean came from small, locally owned joints. A hotel clerk on Grand Cayman turned us on to Lorna‚Äôs Jerk Shop, where awesome pork, chicken and fish stuffed with cabbage is grilled along the road and served with heaping side dishes for less than $10, including a soda and a seat at an outdoor picnic table. (There is no address ‚ÄĒ go to the main road in Pease Bay and ask a passerby.)"

Any other great places for lunch??
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Great Place For Lunch...

Postby shawn » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:25 pm

We had GREAT food & GREAT prices at Vivien's Kitchen located on the East End of Grand Cayman. This is an outdoors eatery with a view! You're served a plentiful platter, straight from her kitchen, to enjoy the eats & view of the ocean from a quant patio. The menu changes daily, with special features. Everything we've tried, has been exceptional. We look forward to our return visit this coming year!!! Shawn
shawn

Postby scott » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:22 pm

We ate at Liberty's on the West End, don't remember exactly where it was - near "Hell" I believe. Very good and very much an establishment for locals. I would go back and I can't say that about the much more upscale and much more expensive Lobster Pot.
scott

Return to Cayman Islands Travel Forum