Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Art Exhibit at Ritz Carlton

Travel & news discussion about the Cayman Islands

Moderator: Skip

Art Exhibit at Ritz Carlton

Postby KarenS » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:36 am

From Cayman Net News: "Two local artists, April Bending and Avril Ward, have a joint exhibition at the Gallery of the Ritz-Carlton hotel. The exhibition is called Cayman On Canvas and will run until 17 May. Ms Ward has been painting for as long as she can remember and has been working in the art field commercially her entire adult life.

For the new exhibition she has produced a bright, bold series of paintings, a departure from her earlier conceptual work. “My new paintings are something new for me. I am usually a conceptual-realist painter, but these paintings are very representational. They are extreme close-ups of fish eyes, anemones and coral.

Ms Bending’s new work captures the mood of evenings in the Cayman Islands, the atmospheric subtleties of light and shade that can be seen at that time. 'Cayman is a bright vibrant place during the day and a very exciting place, but when the sun goes down, a peaceful calm goes down over the place and that is the time I really love.'"

Please visit this exhibition and report back!
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Return to Cayman Islands Travel Forum