Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Fly for $9

Travel & news discussion about the Cayman Islands

Moderator: Skip

Fly for $9

Postby KarenS » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:27 am

According to Spirit Airline's Web Site: "Low-cost Spirit Airlines has announced $9 fares (one-way excluding taxes and fees) to many popular destinations. Travel in May.

According to the airline, the deal is in honor of 'honeymooners and vacationers' holidaying around the Caribbean. The deep discounts have been inspired by the recent betrothal of a marketing team member.

Tickets must be booked by 11.59pm EST tomorrow, Thursday, April 6. New dates for one destination, San Juan in Puerto Rico, have been added. Other destinations on offer include Cancun, Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, and Turks and Caicos are still available.

Even with taxes and charges, the fares for coach-class travel are expected to sell out rapidly, based on Spirit's previous $9 sales.

As well as cheap flights, which must be booked at least week in advance of travel, Spirit is offering deals on accommodation at the destinations.

Full details of the offer are available on the airline's website."

If you book through them let us know how it goes and if there's really is such an unbelievable deal happening. (Almost a free lunch!)
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Fly for $9.

Postby scott » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:50 pm

Yes, true - in a way. I had signed up for Spirit's e-mail offerings and had seen some @ $9., but by the time I saw the e-mail the very low ones were gone and they offered other discounted prices instead - say $99. or so.

One day I saw the e-mail right after it was sent - $9. p.p. each way to G.C. from Dallas (not far). We have been to the Caribbean several times but not to G.C. I knew it took a major hit from Ivan and didn't know anything about the island other than that(and it was just post-Christmas financially for our money situation, and we have a lot we buy for) but I couldn't pass that up. And got them - after international taxes, fees, etc. it cost $206.00 for both of us round trip.

Spirit was just starting service to G.C. and wanted to fill planes - they have a contract with Cayman Air for the on-ground G.C. airport operation. Can't say enough about Spirit - great low cost carrier, fleet of brand new Airbuses, great staff, on time, etc.
scott

Return to Cayman Islands Travel Forum