Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

"Summer Splash" discounts

Travel & news discussion about the Cayman Islands

Moderator: Skip

"Summer Splash" discounts

Postby KarenS » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:24 am

Travel Weekly reports: "The Cayman Islands Dept. of Tourism and the Cayman Islands Tourism Association unveiled the 'Summer Splash 2006' package, available June 1 thru mid-September. Cayman Summer Splash offers discounted air on Cayman Airways; accommodations, with one free night when five are booked; meals; and kids' activities (for children 12 years and under). A Cayman VIP Card is issued to each family, offering discounts on car rentals; 50% off on entrance fees to Boatswain's Beach (which incorporates the new Cayman Turtle Farm), Atlantis Submarine and the Jolly Roger party boat; and free underwater photo classes for kids with a full-paying adult. Most watersports activities also are free for kids, except diving, which is 50% off. In addition, participating restaurants offer discounted meals."

Anyone planning on going over the summer?
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Postby ELECTRA » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:04 pm

Discounts are a good idea for the island hopefully they can make the discounts permanent. :)
ELECTRA

Postby DNL » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:36 pm

I'm hearing more and more people say that Cayman is too expensive a place to visit - especially if you have a family. They are going other places. I'm afraid Cayman is pricing themselves out of the market. There will always be us die-hards who will go (however I don't go the 2-3 times a year that I used to). But they need to give some serious thought to this problem.
DNL

Return to Cayman Islands Travel Forum