Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

cayo largo

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

cayo largo

Postby gd » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:17 pm

Anyone been to Sol Pelicano recently? Has the food improved?
Out of curiousty ia there a VIP lounge at the airport?

GD
gd

Postby nkelly » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:37 pm

Hi!
Yes in fact I visited the Pelicano from Nov 7 - 14. We love it there! Now, since it was our first visit I have no point of reference for comparison with regard to the food quality. I thought the food was above par in comparison to many of the other properties I have stayed at in Cuba. We particulary enjoyed lunch at the beach restaurant and dinner there as well. The Lobster upgrade is WELL worth it IMO. My friend just returned this past week, I will see her tomorrow to get an update. We plan to return most likely in the Spring. The sand and ocean are beautiful, the accommodation is clean and very comfy and the staff are very "gentle" people. The resort opened for the season on the day we arrived and I am guessing was at 40% occupancy the week we were there. I imagine things are in full swing and that you will have a great time. Please be sure to report back any of your observations.
Regards,
nkelly
nkelly

Postby nkelly » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:57 pm

Hi GD!
Just to add, at the airport in CL, the tour-company rep was offering the VIP room for $ 20 or 25 CUC. She walked through the check in lines and offered the service. Hope this helps. When are you planning to go on your holiday?
Regards,
nkelly
nkelly

replies to Cayo Largo questions

Postby gd » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:47 pm

thanks for the info . to nkelly we are leaving at the end of March.

GD
gd

Return to Cuba Travel Forum