the West Indies
$12.95

breaking my own rules

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

breaking my own rules

Postby Gardengal » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:45 pm

nkelly:

Just want to say that I think that the Holguin area is definitely the place to visit during February, if Cuba is where you want to go. Also, Playa Esmeralda is the beach that you want, as well. It is in a protected cove with massive coral walls about 30 - 40 feet high on either end... and is about 1km in length.

Depending on your finances... I would strongly recommend the Paradisus Rio de Oro... I also believe that the PRDO has no single supplement...

We have friends going to the Paradisus in Varadero, but we really feel that to get the warmer weather, they should have gone to the PRDO.

The Paradisus Rio de Oro also has three private beaches (caleticas) that are only accessible by shuttle bus (due to construction on the new spa ) for now... but are definitely worth it, if the "Robinson Crusoe" feel is what you are after.

If you are looking to be pampered, in the most serene and spacious atmosphere, and are looking for a resort that offers pure dining pleasure, then the Paradisus Rio de Oro is the place for you.
Gardengal

Postby nkelly » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:49 am

Hi gardengal!
Thank you very much for your added information, particularly about the single supplement. I will look into it once Christmas is over and the real planning begins. I like the idea of a robinson crusoe feel. Sounds great!
Regards,
nkelly
nkelly

Return to Cuba Travel Forum