Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Oasis Varadero Horizontes

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Oasis Varadero Horizontes

Postby poloper » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:06 am

Wondering if anyone has stayed in this hotel. I'm thinking of booking it because it's very cheap and I'd rather spend the money on excursions, food, etc..

Is there really a downtown in Varadero (similar to the old town in Puerto Vallarta). Is this hotel within walking distance of the main town?

What about hotels like the Mar del sur, Tortuga, etc..

Any advice would be great.

Ps. Is Varadero affordable? meaning is our Canadian dollar worth more or less than the Cuban Peso. Can one buy beer for a dollar, eat for less than 5 dollar, etc...

Thanks
poloper

Postby sunnyone » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:19 pm

The Oasis is not in town, it is across the canal from the Puntarena...about a $8 cab ride from downtown. There is a fairly interesting downtown with a few shops, flea markets and lots of bars and restaurants. Most bars charge 1 convertable peso for a beer and the meals are around 5 to 10. the Mar del sur is in the heart of the town but not on the beach. The Tortuga is on the beach about a 15 minute walk from town. of the three I think the Tortuga would be the best bang for your buck.
sunnyone

Return to Cuba Travel Forum