Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

January

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

January

Postby jordan » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:23 pm

I'm wondering how much more/less are the prices for a 4/5 star resort the first week of January. I know this is a very vague question but anything will help. Thanks
jordan

Postby YVR » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:30 pm

Since we have travelled to Cuba around this time frame in previous years, I'd have to admit we did find some excellent prices for January (Barcelo Solymar, 4+ star, $869 for one week from Vancouver), BUT I believe this year will be different.

Hurricane Wilma has caused many people to change their vacation plans from Cancun to somewhere else. For many Canadians, that somewhere else will be Cuba. If you have your heart set on a certain resort and your time off work is not flexible, then book soon. If you don't mind a lower rated resort- say perhaps 3+ star, then you could get lucky and find a good deal for early January.
YVR

Postby DebInThePeg » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:43 pm

Jordan, if you're from Canada, try selloffvacations.com to get an idea for where you're travelling from and where you'd like to go. First week of January may be more difficult this year, as in some provinces at least, the kids (and teachers)are still on Christmas break this year.
DebInThePeg

Red Tag

Postby K » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:12 pm

Look on www.redtag.com or .ca.....It has the best prices even better that selloffvacations. Good luck shopping.
K

Return to Cuba Travel Forum