Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

invite cuban to england

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

invite cuban to england

Postby markviv » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:47 pm

I've searched Google for advice on this subject, but cann't find any useful links. There's info for inviting to Canada, Indonesia but none for England. I know about a "Letter of Invitation", but how do I go about writing one? Can I download a form or do i just write it? where do i send it and how much does it cost (pound sterling) what details do i have to put in it (job, salary, personal details for invited Cuban, sponsorship money etc)? so many questions, but if you've got the answers to these and many more, I'd appreciate very much.

Just got back from 2.5 weeks travelling round Cuba and going back in October for 4 weeks...it's that good...
markviv

ivitation

Postby citizenabovesuspicion » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:43 am

Since you are in the UK, suggest you contact the embassy there.

The problem will not be the Cubans, the problem will be with your Immigration people. If you have had a long term asscoiation with the individual, you might be able to swing it. If you just met the person on your last trip, forget it. Immigration will have to be convinced that the Cuban will go back home after the visa expires.
citizenabovesuspicion

inviting friend to Cuba

Postby salsasmurf » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:29 pm

Yes you will need a letter of invitation, you get this from the Cuban Embassy in London, The Cuban Consulate, 167 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6PA. Send a stamped addressed envelope and as for a letter of invitation form. Details on this form are pretty basic name address etc, but you will need precise info of your cuban friend. It costs £100 if you go to the embassy or £115 if you do it by post. Once this is done they will need to get a visa, this is obtained from the British Embassy in Havana, here is where you will need your employment, bank statements, proof of where you live, basically so you can prove you can finance them totally during there stay. They are not allowed to work. The visa costs about £80 and lasts for 30 days but you can get an extension for a 6 month stay, it says 11 months on the invitation, but I think the UK will only allow 6! Once your friend has a visa, they will need to apply for a immigration pass from there own embassy. I think all you need to do for this is supply them with a flight schedual, not a ticket. I am in the process of doing this myself and know how frustrating it can be, look at the Cuban Embassy web site and also the British Embassy visa site ok. Hope this has helped a little. Good luck.
salsasmurf

re:invitation

Postby markviv » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:34 pm

thanks salsasmurf. Found out this info already and already been to the consular and paid the fee. My friend in cuba understands the process too.
markviv

Return to Cuba Travel Forum