Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Just Returned sunday From Holguin.

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Just Returned sunday From Holguin.

Postby badboybobby » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:56 am

Just a quick update, It was another amazing trip. Weather was GREAT!!! sometimes the outside TEMP in the car truck would read 40C. and boy did it feel like it. Stayed in a Casa for the first time. It was good. My Cuban friend had scouted it out before hand for me. 1 room was like new, fully renovated modern bath, ceramics and all, the other was a huge room, bathroom was a little out dated, needless to say, I shared my friends bathroom for the week. If you know Cuba, you know the people are very hospitable, so the lady of the house was so nice, she always slept on the couch to make sure she heard the door or door bell at 5-6-7 AM when we walked in from the nite of partying. Coffee would be ready when I got up. We stayed 5 minute from Centro. The center park where all the action is, shopping, food, bars etc. Anyhow, We went to Gibara for my seafood crave, Lobster, shrimps, rice, salad, french fries for 7 dollars. If you go to Porta Padre, at the beach, there is a place there you get more for even less. and In my opinion and the opinion of my Cuban friends, this place has some of the best sandy beaches around. hope some of this helps. have a nice day.
B.
badboybobby

going to holguin

Postby mzse » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:19 pm

how far is the beach? what sites do you highly recommen? what restaurants do you reccomend. i am going for 2 weeks, and looking for a guest house with hot water and toilet seat. do you have any pics.
maggiemay40@hotmail.com
mzse

check your e-mail...

Postby badboybobby » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:47 am

I sent some good info.
badboybobby

Return to Cuba Travel Forum