Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

HELP everyone, wife stuck in CUBA

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

HELP everyone, wife stuck in CUBA

Postby Tiz » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:59 pm

Greetings everyone, first time ever to this site, or a message thread, but I see that everyone is talking about CUBA, which I NEED to learn MORE. I say this becuase my wife was studying to be a NURSE there, and now they are telling her not only to wait for this first 3 years to leave, after ALREADY getting the U.S. Visa, but now TWO MORE years at least.

Nearing the edge of my rope, NEED to find another OPTION to ....get her out, no matter how much it costs, although her swimming is NOT an option, everything else goes. I may even be WILLING or NEED to move down to the Caribbean, just to get closer TO HER, have to, she is my LIFE. I return now every 10.5 WEEKS to visit. But no, I am NOT Canadian, or from another country that allows LEGAL travel there.

Can anyone HELP or make ANY SUGGESTIONS to get my wife OUT, in ANY WAY please, and or ...suggest the best options for ME to get much CLOSER TO HER, if I have to RELOCATE DOWN there either in the future please?

Thanks either way,
Tiz ;)
Tiz

Postby citizenabovesuspicion » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:22 am

Cubans who are in the proffesionals fields such as your wife, in medical fields etc etc. have a very difficult time leaving. Should your wife graduate as a nurse, they will probably extend her service to the state.

You have a very difficult decisions to make.
Good luck.
citizenabovesuspicion

Thanks

Postby Tiz » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:12 am

Yes, agreed, found that out almost TOO late, as she is a professional, luckily had NOT finished up all the way to be a "doctor" though. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond. I am looking for anyone's suggestions at this point, "non-traditional" to be honest, in which to GET HER ....out of there, with cost not a factor.

Thanks again,
Tiz ;)
Tiz

Return to Cuba Travel Forum