Search for

Travel Insurance

Get a FREE no obligation quote!

Follow Us:

West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Who has married a Cuban, Whats involved.

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Who has married a Cuban, Whats involved.

Postby badboybobby » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:43 pm

Ok ok ok, I know all the stories and problems people who marry Cubans go through ( good and bad). Just say perhaps like some of you may have, what if the Cuban you want is genuine? What is involed in getting her \ him here. I know you have to marry her there first. Then what? paper work begins. Do you have to show you've known her for a period of time? I am a Canadian. How long before all documents are done roughly can they arrive? is it expensive? how much roughly? Just exploring options.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
badboybobby

Well....

Postby AdoreCuba » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:24 am

Badboy...u little devil. I hear it can take years to get them out of the Country, even after the marriage has taken place. I only know of one couple who are still married.She lives in Ontario, he lives in Manzanillo. She visits a dozen times a year. He doesn't speak a word of English, and has no desire to come to Canada. They are older, no children. She basically supports him and his family. When I met them, he was beautifully dressed. She has to pay cash under the table so he can stay at the resort with her. There marriage works because they go there separate ways after her visit. Not the ideal marriage in my mind, but she says it works for them. Try calling the Consultate and seeing what is required.
AdoreCuba

Return to Cuba Travel Forum