Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Club Amigo Carisol - Santiago

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Club Amigo Carisol - Santiago

Postby tryinginvain » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:23 am

I booked a 'roulette' package so I'm going to end up at either the Brisas Sierra Mar or the Club Amigo Carisol outside Santiago. I found lots of info about the Sierra Mar, but not much about the Carisol. It seems that new management took over at some point and things improved a fair bit from the little I've found.

Does anyone know if they rent scooters at that hotel? Any other comments appreciated as well....

I hope I get the Brisas, but I figure they'll put me at the Carisol since it's cheaper.
tryinginvain

Postby Bigjohn » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:14 pm

I stayed at Brisas 2 years ago. They rented scooters then. The trip to Chivarico is worth the price of the scooter rental. About 1 hour R/T. I don't know about scooters from Carisol.
When are you going? I had thought about the roulette for my wife, but she doesn't want me to get her anything with the term roulette in the title.
Bigjohn.
Bigjohn

Postby tryinginvain » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:08 pm

I'm going Jan 31 for 2 weeks from Montreal. One way or another I'll get a scooter - even I have to go into Santiago and ride it back. I plan on renting one for at least a week while I'm there. I like exploring the countryside.

I also might go to Baracoa if I can figure out a reasonable way to get there. I've never been there but always wanted to go. According to the Viazul site there is a bus but it leaves at something like 7:30 am so I'd have to stay in Santiago.

The roulette package was too good a deal to pass up, especially for Feb and not last minute.
tryinginvain

Return to Cuba Travel Forum