Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Veradero

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Veradero

Postby dolphin97 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:16 pm

Hello to everyone..I am a newbie and looking to see if you all can help us. We are in our mid 40s looking for a smaller rather than large spread out resort. Something not to spread apart and quaint. Prefer a great beach area perhaps Veradero? Any other suggestions this will be in April. Thought about Super surprise whats your take on that? Found it for under 800 at one point, but would be leaving our booking until maybe last min be a better choice. Any suggestions would be great or advise open to all. Partying doesnt bother us, we are open to the amt of restaurants and bars resorts have..Look forward to you input the more the merrier....Thanks ahead.
dolphin97

Holguin

Postby AdoreCuba » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:22 am

My husband and I, slighter older than you, have been to Cuba 6 times. We have tried various parts of the island, and liked Varadero the least. Beach wasn't as good as Guardalavaca, nor did we care for the resort. Check out Luna/Mares or Rio de Oro. Our favourite, and we went twice, was Brisas Guardalavaca, however, I hear it is under construction right now. Manzanillo was our 1st trip. Beach not exotic black but just plain brown, but the best food in all the trips. Keep searching. Any piece of Cuba is a piece of Paradise.
AdoreCuba

Return to Cuba Travel Forum