Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

When exactly is March Break 2006?

Postby nkelly » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:53 pm

Does anyone know when it falls this year? TIA
nkelly
nkelly

Postby Bigjohn » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:36 am

March Break in the London area starts March 13. (the last day of school is Fri. Mar. 10) The kids are back on Monday March 20.
Easter W/E starts Friday April 14.
Making plans?
Bigjohn.
Bigjohn

March Break

Postby minismash » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:38 pm

march break in canada is the same as the march break in england
minismash

march break

Postby luvthesun » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:39 pm

Every province is different- here in N.B it is Mar6-10, in N.S I think it is the week after like Ont .So basically all of March could be Mar break somewhere.
luvthesun

Postby nkelly » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:54 am

Hi Everyone!
Thanks for all the replies. I don't have kids (of my own) so I do not usually pay much attention. Bigjohn, thanks for clarifying, I had Easter happening one week later LOL!! We are trying to plan to get away in February and April but several factors have provided some challenges that I am trying to work around and I am frustrated. For simplicity, I was going to forego the Feb holiday and take 2 weeks in April but hubby has to take one week vacation prior to March 1. I'm bored of the usual spots and cannot settle on where to go. We will most likely book a sell off for Feb to Cuba, DR or Mexico and somewhere non-spanish for a couple weeks in April before I go back to work for the season. We are planning to return to either Barbados, Antigua or St. Barths. Of course, this is all subject to change :) Anyone else, what are your upcoming travel plans? I'd love to hear what's on the books as it may give me some ideas LOL!

nkelly
nkelly

Postby YVR » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:03 am

I'll be in Sweden attending a conference in April. Probably not what you'd consider a typical "holiday", but I always manage to add a few days extra and mix in a bit of pleasure. Shhhh, don't tell anyone! LOL!
YVR

Postby nkelly » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:08 am

LOL, it's our secret! Do you like pickled herring? My grandfather used to make his own and yes, I still would eat it if he was still around to make it. I think Sweden would be beautiful that time of year.
nkelly
nkelly

Manitoba Break

Postby DebInThePeg » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:40 pm

Just as an FYI - spring break in MB is March 27 - 31.
DebInThePeg

Postby nkelly » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:55 pm

Thanks to everyone for posting. We have narrowed down that we will most likely travel at the end of March and then again at the end of April...that should work LOL!
nkelly
nkelly

Return to Cuba Travel Forum