Search for

Travel Insurance

Get a FREE no obligation quote!

Follow Us:

West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Where can we find Papi JOE and his BoNGo?

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Where can we find Papi JOE and his BoNGo?

Postby Just_clickit » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:33 pm

After Visiting Breezes Jibacoa, and hastened away from Cuba in Head wind of Hurricane Frances we were unable to give our thanks to The Great Band at the Breezes resort. If anyone there, or just back from there could find out a contact for us It would be awsome. Papi Joe and Band was one of the highlights to our fantastic trip. We are going back To Veradero this time but will make a visit back to Breezes to see our new friends there. Thanking you. Just_clickit
Alberta Canada
Just_clickit

Postby YVR » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:56 am

Papi Show and the boys are well and still performing at Breezes Jibacoa several times per week- usually on Tues, Thurs. & Sundays. We had the pleasure of hearing them again recently (Dec. 5-12, 2005) while visiting Jibacoa for the 4th. time. Officially, the band is called Akarey.

They are working on recording their fifth music CD and hope to have it available by late next year. Getting recording studio time is expensive!! If you haven't already done so, you might want to buy some or all of their previous CDs when you go for a visit to Breezes Jibacoa. When we first met Akarey over five years ago, they had an agent in Canada- someone from Barrie, Ontario. I'll see if I can find the business card they gave me. No idea how or where to contact Papi Show and Akarey in Cuba.
YVR

Papi JOE

Postby Just_clickit » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:02 pm

Thank you for your responce. They are very tallented group. LOTs of fun. the true spirit of the Cuban People. I will definately get more of the cds. I have two already. We are leaving For Cuba on the 16th of January for 2 weeks... JeALous????? haha..! I wish everyone could visit that beautiful country at least Once in a Lifetime.

I hope we can share some stories later. Thanks YVR from Vancouver.
Just_clickit

Postby yqg » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:04 pm

Have to agree... Akarey are the best!! I only wish we got a hear more of them when we were there -- they brightened up the place every time they played!

S.
yqg

Return to Cuba Travel Forum