Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Tryp Cayo Coco or El Senador??

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Tryp Cayo Coco or El Senador??

Postby bentup1 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:00 pm

Can anyone suggest which resort (Tryp cayo coco or El Senedor) would be better for a group of guys in their early 20's??

Thanks
bentup1

Postby nkelly » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:41 pm

Hi bent,
Having stayed on CC several times at 3 hotels including Tryp, Senador and the Sol Melia I would recommend the Tryp to a group of young men. The Melia is lovely but not much of a party atmosphere. The Senador offered some nighttime live shows but was pretty quiet during the evenings. Senador has also just undergone a major upheaval of managment due to a change of ownership and things had been rocky. I would give them a few months to settle. Tryp is lively, attracts a fun crowd, the food IMO is good and there is a disco on site (at the ripe old age of 34 we never saw the inside of it LOL!) The lobby bar in itself is a fun spot to be during the evenings. I think a group of 20 something young men would have the most fun at the Tryp. Keep in mind that you will be allowed, on certain days of the week, to visit and enjoy the facilities of the other Sol properties (excluding the 5*Sol Melia) on Cayo Coco and Cayo Guillermo, since Tryp is part of that hotel chain. Nice bonus if it interests you.
nkelly
nkelly

Postby DebInThePeg » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:09 am

I would have to agree. Fun, younger crowd when we were at Tryp last year. My teenage daughters had a lot of fun, meeting lot's of people in their age range.
DebInThePeg

Return to Cuba Travel Forum