Search for

Travel Insurance

Get a FREE no obligation quote!

Follow Us:

West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

So who want's to be the (or a) moderator of this forum?

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

So who want's to be the (or a) moderator of this forum?

Postby Anthony » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:18 am

I really need to be the administrator (technical stuff) here and not the moderator. Does anyone one or maybe two or three people want to be the moderators here?
I guess what you would be responsible for is keeping the forum on topic, civil, and spam and obscenity free. It is really simple - you get some extra buttons when you are logged in and have the power to edit or delete posts.
Let me know - maybe we should put it to a vote? Does anyone want to nominate a few people?
Thanks -
Anthony
Anthony
Site Admin

Postby Anthony » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:48 am

All these informed, opinionated people here and no one wants to jump into this??
Anthony
Site Admin

Postby LisaB » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:01 am

Personally I think it's best if you use someone from your end. However if not then I suggest devoted full time participants. And those who know how to avoid or handle the 'politics' of the board and the craziness.

Two people come to mind:

YVR; she can politely and rationally handle the politics if/when she's involved in such a thread.

Rodraad; he simply avoids it.

Both seem to contribute full time; and both seem to play fair!

Have fun with your search.

Oh I might add: When you do find a moderator; I hope you don't allow threads to be deleted just because they 'don't like the topic' or find it to be a repeat.

:)
Enjoy!
LisaB

Postby will » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:57 pm

I agree with Lisa with regards to the repeat part, why have a forum if all you are telling people to go to the search button.

I'm only on here Monday to Friday during the day so I would not be a good moderator
will

Postby Anthony » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:36 pm

I agree too - I don't see the need to delete just because of repetition. Things change anyway!
Anthony
Site Admin

Return to Cuba Travel Forum