West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Drag Racing in Grenada

Travel & news discussion about the "spice island"

Drag Racing in Grenada

Postby KarenS » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:13 pm

An interesting development at the Grenada airport. They're setting up a drag racing stretch at the airport on occasion! Read the latest article at http://www.klassicgrenada.com/index.pl/ ... id=1012965
KarenS
Site Admin

Beautiful Grenada

Postby nkelly » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:13 am

Hi Karen,
It's great to see the lovely island of Grenada getting back on it's feet after the destruction of the hurricanes 15 months ago. I have visited twice (stayed at the Flamboyant Hotel on Grand Anse Beach)
Grenada is very charming in that it is still quaint and truly "Caribbean" in feel. I understand wanting to provide some sort on entertainment for the residents after the atrocities but could the money not have been used for something less frivolous?
Regards,
nkelly
nkelly

Postby KarenS » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:08 am

I'm not big on Nascar...or drag racing...much prefering quiet time on a beautiful beach but hey, whatever floats your boat!
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Postby nkelly » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:44 pm

Hi Karen!
...and what a great beach to relax on! Have you visited Grenada? The view of Grand Anse from the "mountain" rooms at the Flamboyant is beautiful! One of the many things about Grenada that captured me is the abundance of flora and the true aroma of the spice plants that infuses the air. St. George harbor "was" very pretty and provided for a nice walk-about through town.
I will definately return.
Regards,
nkelly
nkelly

Spicy Grenada

Postby KarenS » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:49 am

The closest I've been to Grenada is the cinnamon sticks I put in the boiling water on my wood stove! Grenada sounds just luscious! I understand the people are quite friendly too. Any great restaurants? (Living vicariosly in the northeast)
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Postby nkelly » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:56 am

Hi Karen!
Luscious is a very fitting adjective! We self- catered most of the time but did eat out on occasion. We enjoyed lambi roti aka conch roti at the restaurant at the Flamboyant and we ventured to some smaller, locally owned and operated places who's names escape me (it has been about 7 years).

Try warm milk infused with fresh vanilla beans. Yummie!!!! Simmer slowly and whisk occasionally to bring out the vanilla flavor. Think I might make some right now!
Regards,
nkelly
nkelly

Return to Grenada Travel Forum