Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Anybody Ever Visited Cuba?

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Anybody Ever Visited Cuba?

Postby Berlingirl » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:52 pm

Thinking about attempting to visit next year. Wondering if anybody on the board has ever been?

Anthony...I like the new format.

Diane
Berlingirl

Postby YVR » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:07 pm

Diane,

Most of the regular participants of this forum have been to Cuba, often many times. It's our passion for the country and its people, as well as our desire to help others wishing to go to Cuba for the first time, that keeps us posting here,.

What kind of a vacation to Cuba did you have in mind?- Independent travel? all-inclusive? Solo? with family?
YVR

Visiting Cuba

Postby CariBert » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:47 am

I have always wanted to visit Cuba, however, living in the U.S. I understand makes it a little dicey. Is this done often by US citizens (other than for educational or government business)? What's the feeling in Cuba about opening trade with the U.S./
CariBert

Visiting Cuba

Postby Berlingirl » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:16 am

I understand that a lot of Americans do actually visit Cuba every year legally and would be doing that if possible. Even though we know we can enter through a third country we don't want to do that. We would be looking to visit for a 50th Birthday celebration for my husband and his lifelong best friend. They were both born on the same day so we'd like to visit at that time and do an all-inclusive. His best friend actually visited Cuba as an infant as his grandparents had a place in Havana which he like so many others ended up losing.

Personally speaking...I think it is time to let bygones be bygones and open up Cuba...I know a lot will agree with me.

Diane
Berlingirl

Return to Cuba Travel Forum