Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Casa particulares in Cuba

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Casa particulares in Cuba

Postby Linda_B » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:46 am

I just finished answering to a post of casa particulares and had a flash that what could help a traveller to Cuba more than a list of recommended casa particulares in Cuba?

I'll start with the one I stayed at in Havana. It's website is http://www.geocities.com/aniaramirez/Home.htm

I stayed in this casa for 3 months and I cannot recommend it enough. The woman who rents out used to be a Spanish teacher at the University of Havana and even ended up giving me Spanish classes so I left speaking practically fluent Spanish. The room is wonderful and the family included me in their everyday life so I didn't feel like an outsider. Still, I had a big door I could close and have my privacy which was respected. The room has a balcony onto the street and it's not just because I'm fanatic for balaconies but also because it was just a wonderful spot to sit and watch life go by that gave the room a special atmosphere.
Linda_B

casa question for Linda B

Postby sunshine » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:33 pm

Linda, when you stayed in Anais casa, did you fly from Toronto, if so with what carrier and did the owner of the casa pick u up at the airport? Do you book directly with the casa... how for from the beach etc.? thanks, Sunshine
sunshine

Postby Linda_B » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:38 am

I flew from madrid with air europa, but a friend of mine flew from montreal with cubana and i also know of others that have come from toronto with that.

She will pick you up from the airport but you have to pay the taxi which is 20 CUC; the taxis to the airport are a rip off so it generally doesnt go cheaper than that.

I met here while i was there but you can book directly with her on her email adress anyvirgo@hotmail.com (there are storms at the moment though so she might be a bit slower than usual with answering)

There aren't many beaches in Havana, but there are some just right outside the centre. busses go there but taking a cab isnt too expensive if you are more than one person. otherwise, ask ania about excursions on the weekends. Just cheap day trips to the beach with a cuban bus.

Hope it helps!
Linda
Linda_B

Return to Cuba Travel Forum