Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Barbados Newbies

Travel & news discussion about Barbados

Moderator: Lois

Barbados Newbies

Postby Conch » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:34 pm

We are planning our first trip to Barbados at the end of March. We have been to some other Caribbean countries, but since they are all different, we thought some of you might have a couple answers for us:

Is wireless Internet available on Barbados? We bought a laptop computer that has been great at U.S. resorts for keeping in touch with family back home. If Wi-Fi isn't used on Barbados, we may just leave the laptop at home.

We will be using a rental car all week. Since rental car pickup policies vary between countries, would you recommend that we pick up a car and return it at the airport, or should we have it delivered at our hotel? Is extra insurance mandatory? Also, recommendations for a reliable, not-too-expensive rental car company are welcome!!

Thanks everyone!!
Arlene & Dick -- "The Conchs"
Florida Keys
Conch

Postby jsparrow67 » Sat May 10, 2008 10:23 am

Personally I would suggest renting a car and driving it to your hotel. I think it'd be cheaper than having it delivered.
jsparrow67

Laptops

Postby Lois » Wed May 21, 2008 8:54 am

We have taken our laptop and been able to use it at Internet Cafe's and our villa.

Check out Stoutes Cars for great rentals and service. We typically have our car delivered to the airport and return it there. They will give you an island map and can help you with directions if you need help. www.stoutescar.com

If you write me at: lois@barbadostips.com
I will send you (free) my extensive Barbados Insider Tips which should help you a lot -- especially with this being your first visit.

Hope you have a great trip.

Lois
Lois

Return to Barbados Travel Forum