Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Ferry/boat to Grenada, Barbados

Travel & news discussion about St. Lucia

Ferry/boat to Grenada, Barbados

Postby badoix » Sat May 06, 2006 10:19 pm

Hi all,

I am looking for ways to travel cheaply from St. Lucia to Grenada/Barbados. Some of the local airlines do fly but the ticket prices are very high. I'm sure there must be ferries or boats that ply these routes, but I can't find any information on them online.

Can anyone direct me to published ferry schedules/rates? My travel time is next year's World Cup (April 2007).

Thanks!
Badri
badoix

Postby KarenS » Mon May 08, 2006 9:45 am

I have requested information via the Dept. of Tourism and will let you know as soon as there's a reply. I'm hoping the island's (in general) will be getting this information out to everyone since 9 islands are involved in the WCC!
Karen for Caribbean-On-Line.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Postby KarenS » Wed May 10, 2006 7:22 am

Having done a little further research it seems you need to contact an official travel agent. I had contacted Cricket Logistics after I went to the World Cricket Cup Web site (http://www.cricketworldcup.com/tour-and ... tners.html)

This was their reply after I requested information on ferry travel between the islands:

"Hi Karen,

Cricket Logistics are not allowed to sell any tickets to the public. We have appointed Official Travel Agents all over the world to sell the cricket packages to the public. These packages can consist of cricket tickets and accommodation, cricket tickets and transfers or all of the options which ever you prefer. The tickets in these packages are guaranteed purchases. You can check the website www.cricketlogistics.com and there is an up-to-date listing for the OTAs and you can contact the agent in your region for all information.

Best Regards,

Sophia"

...feel free to contact them yourself. Their e-mail address is info@cricketlogistics.com
KarenS
Site Admin

Postby KarenS » Thu May 11, 2006 7:28 am

another reply on the ferry situation:
"Presently there are no schedule ferry services to these islands. We however
understand that one is due to commence in September of this year. We will
note your request and forward the details to you once this is confirmed.
The ferry services available are to Martinique, Dominica and Guadeloupe.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further information.

Jacqueline Austn
Travel Concepts inc.
Email Tci@candw.lc"
KarenS
Site Admin

Postby scottm » Thu May 18, 2006 12:24 am

Just FYI, we were looking into flights from St Lucia to Grenada, and it appears it is a 2 hour flight -- so I can't imagine they would do a ferry that distance. Perhaps a ferry to Barbados and then one to Grenada? But still that would take a long time. I could be wrong, I think it was CarribeanStar airlines that quoted a 2 hour trip. Liat had a flight to Grenada that stopped in Barbados that took around 4 hours with a 2 hour layover in Barbados, so 2 hour flight time seems about right...
scottm

Return to St. Lucia Travel Forum