Search for

Travel Insurance

Get a FREE no obligation quote!

Follow Us:

West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

How do I put pictures in my posts/trip reports?

The US Virgin Islands FAQ forum where we will be discussing, asking and answering questions for the new USVI FAQ

How do I put pictures in my posts/trip reports?

Postby Chickadee » Mon May 08, 2006 3:10 pm

I just love seeing everyone's pictures along with their trip reports! How do I put pictures in my posts?
Chickadee

Re: How do I put pictures in my posts/trip reports?

Postby jmq » Wed May 24, 2006 3:22 pm

Chickadee wrote:I just love seeing everyone's pictures along with their trip reports! How do I put pictures in my posts?

First your photo has to be on the internet i.e. uploaded to a photo share site like flickr.com. I use flickr – its free, easy and I’m only semi-tech literate.

Then you have to get the URL of the actual image file. To get the URL of the actual image file, open the photo you want to use, then right click on it, then go to properties, then copy the full address or URL i.e. http://yourwebphoto.jpg

On flickr, they make this pretty idiot proof. You find the photo you want to use, then you should see a 'View different sizes' link to the right of the photo, or you can use the 'All sizes' link next to the photo. Select the photo size you want from the available options (square, thumbnail, medium, and large or original).

If you're looking at one of your own photos, you will see two text fields underneath the photo. Highlight and copy the photo's URL i.e. http://yourwebphoto.jpg

Copy and paste the URL (or from the “properties” or via some other method on a non-flickr site as noted above) into the text of your post. Note: The URL should end in .jpg
If it doesn't, you probably aren't viewing the image on its own.

Then you have to put some simple HTML code around it like so:
INSIDE <and> put this: IMG SRC=“http://yourwebphoto.jpg”

Make sure you start with a <and> and don’t forget the quotes around the URL and a space between IMG and SRC

Then make sure you preview your post before you post it. If done properly, the photo SHOULD BE THERE in the preview, confirming that you’ve done it properly AND that the link is working. If THE PHOTO DOES NOT APPEAR IN THE PREVIEW, THE PHOTO WILL NOT POST.

When you hit “reply” to a message that has photos in it, I believe you will see the coding and URL formatting required within the post inside the box you use to compose your reply to the post with the photos, so maybe take a look at that for another way to see how it should be formatted.

Hope this helps and works for you. If not, some more tech savvy might be able to help.
JMQ
jmq

Return to U.S. Virgin Islands FAQ