Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

St Maarten Golf

Travel & news discussion about this half French, half Dutch island

Moderator: Tedly

St Maarten Golf

Postby dlconnor » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:12 am

Can anyone tell me the condition of the course at Mullet Bay. I have only been vack once since Hurricane Luis and it was in deplorable condition and the surrounding villas looked like a war zone. Would like to retrun but not if it isn't better. Thanks in advance for any info.
dlconnor

St. Maarten golf

Postby Caribbean golf » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:27 am

An ownership group oversee the villas and golf course. I gather the property has been in the current condtion for a few years (from the last major storm). You might want to contact someone in the pro shop for any planned renovations, however, I would be surprised if the current conditions change for the upcoming winter season.
Caribbean golf

Golf course condition

Postby Frankie » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:08 pm

The golf course is in decent condition particularly after much rainfall. The ghost town of the old Mullet bay beach resort remains just as it was the day after the '95 hurricane. The word is out however that all the legal nonsense has been finalized and the resort will be re-developed. I like the fact that the greens fees are not astonomical and usually you can go right out. Pebble beach its not, but its island golf at a reasonable cost. The fluctuation in Mullet Bay Golf course conditions depend on rainfall due to the fact that the irrigation system was wiped out in the '95 hurricane FORE!!!!!!!!!!!
Frankie
Frankie

Return to St. Martin - St. Maarten Travel Forum