From Tee-Off to Sinking the Last Hole: Golfing at Sandy Lane Offers the Complete Package
With golf amenities that include three flawless courses, GPS equipped golf carts, and a 450-yard driving range, Sandy Lane in Barbados is one of the Caribbean's leading luxury golf destinations. Catering to all levels, the fairways at Sandy Lane provide an exciting challenge for experts while also offering learning experiences for beginners. Players can work on their handicap by taking advantage of all the resort has to offer with the following:
- Select a Course - With stunning views of the Barbados' Platinum coast and the Caribbean Sea, guests can choose from three spectacular courses.
ยท With lush greens, five lakes, and flawlessly cut fairways, The Country Club course is a golfer's delight. Designed by Tom Fazio, this demanding 72 par, 7,060-yard course has breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea.
ยท The Green Monkey, also designed by Tom Fazio, is an ultra-exclusive 72 par, 7,343-yard golf course. Accessible only to hotel guests with limited tee times available between 8:30 and 9:30am, the course is carved from an old limestone quarry and offers an experience that is not to be missed.
- Constructed in 1961, the famous Old Nine course meanders through the Sandy Lane estate. At 3,345 yards, par 36, The Old Nine is intimate yet challenging because of its small greens and tight fairways.
- Practice Your Drive - The extensive 450-yard Driving Range is located at The Country Club course and dedicated to pre- and post-play. The two-sided North and South tees offer golfers the challenge of practicing hitting against the trade winds while overlooking the 1st, 9th and 18th greens.
- Find Your Way - The golf carts, included in the green fees of The Country Club and The Green Monkey courses, are fitted with a GPS system showing location and distances relative to the greens and hazards. The GPS also provides tips on the best way to play the hole and can be used to order light refreshments.
- Post-Play Relaxation - Sandy Lane offers a Golf and Spa Escape package that includes two rounds of golf at The Country Club, when booking a five-night stay, golf cart, and one Sandy Lane Body Massage per adult Rates start at USD$4,060 for a stay five nights and pay for four package.
- Not Just For Adults - The Treehouse Club, Sandy Lane's dedicated children's facility, offers the opportunity for children to participate in outings to a local mini-golf turf and where pre-teens and teenagers can practice their swing on the putting green of the Old Nine. Teens can also participate in the golf tournaments the resort is hosting.
Interviews with Elvis Medford, Golf & Country Club Manager, and Peter Stormes, Sandy Lane's Director of Golf Turf and Landscape, to discuss their top tips and what makes Sandy Lane a unique golfing destination are available upon request. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or for additional information.
Sandy Lane is located on the western coast of the island of Barbados. Originally built in 1961, Dermot Desmond, J.P. McManus and partners purchased the property and golf course in 1996 and completely rebuilt and expanded, opening in March 2001. This exclusive 112-room resort features stylish lodging in rooms that average 900 square feet and a five-bedroom villa, luxury Rolls Royce Phantom airport transfers, four restaurants including the signature restaurant L'Acajou, seven bars, a 47,000-square-foot spa and three distinct golf courses offering guests the best golf in the Caribbean. Two of the courses are Tom Fazio-designed 18-hole courses including the Green Monkey Course.